A little about my skin first: normal to dry, with a slightly oily T-zone. Keep in mind that though these foundations don’t work/do work on me, you may experience a different result, depending on what you look for in a foundation and your skintype.
Bourjois Healthy Mix is way too orange.
Revlon ColorStay For Normal/Dry Skin does nothing, settles into my pores and is too matte for my taste.
Rimmel Wake Me Up is my favorite summer foundation. It’s light to medium coverage, gives you fresh glow and is just all round amazing. I’ve written about it before here so check out that post to read why it’s in my top 3 foundations!
L’oreal True Match
Enjoy this bundle of amazing eye makeup inspiration on a blue and dreary Monday
Check out my pinterest here. Have a fantastic Monday!
Apologies for my absence, my life has been one big mess lately. Literally, you should see the state my room (and our entire house) is in right now. There’s alot of changes happening all at once and I am stressed out to the max. So much to do, so many boxes to pack and then unpack, so many hours to spend looking for a new place to live, so few months to do it! But I’m back now, and I’m here to tell you that this months Glossybox is rad. Yes, rad. Here’s why:
Inside the box:
- Naobay Protective Shampoo & Shower Gel – Combined shampoo and shower gel where 99% of the ingredients are natural and organic. My thoughts: not too excited over the fact that it’s a shower gel and shampoo in one but hey, don’t knock it ’til you try it, right? And it’s all natural which is always a plus!
- Garnier Miracle Skin Cream – Meant to instantly even your skintone and hydrate for 24 hours. Reduces wrinkles and fine lines and improves skin quality if used over a longer period of time. My thoughts: I saw one of my favorite bloggers rave about this and was so excited when I got it in this box! But I just tried it and I’m not feeling too optimistic about it. Basically, if you have fair skin – don’t bother. Like most products that “adjusts” to your skintone, it’s way too orange and too dark. It also feels too heavy on the skin without actually doing anything to improve the look of it. Not my cup of tea.
- Hot Makeup Loose Eyeshadow – Metallic eyeshadow with great pigmentation that gives a shimmering and lasting effect. My thoughts: oooh. Not a big fan of loose powder anything, really. It’s too messy for my slight OCD tendencies. But I swatched it on my hand and it’s a pretty color. I’m sure it’ll come in handy… Hopefully.
- Sumita Beauty Eye Shadow Pencil – The card describes it as an eyeliner, which it is clearly not so let’s not listen to the card anymore. My thoughts: the color is gorgeous and as always, I am intrigued by anything that comes in a crayon like packaging; lip crayons, eyeshadow crayons, concealer crayons, I’LL TAKE THEM ALL! It’s creamy and easy to blend, I can’t wait to try this out! Quite possibly my favorite product in this box.
- Emma S Cleansing Facial Wash – Bestseller, apparently. A moisturizing, foaming facial cleanser that keeps your skin fresh, clear and clean. My thoughts: I’ve been wanting to buy a slightly cheaper cleanser to use in the morning, because my Emma Hardie one is pretty expensive (especially with shipping and taxes. Oh dear, I don’t even want to think about it). Hope this one will tickle my fancy!
All in all I’m pretty happy with this box. In previous boxes there’s been a lot of small sized products, sample sizes that you can get for free in shops even! Therefore I was happy that these products, with the exception of one, were all full size. I am now going to go wash off this horrible Garnier product with my new cleanser, good bye.
When it comes to my eye makeup, I believe I have found my holy grail products that I’ll never stray from. That being said, though, you never know what amazing products you’re gonna stumble upon in the future but for now, these are the three products that I use every single day to achieve my desired look.To start off, I use my Lancôme Artliner to line my eyes. I either do a really simple, thin line to simply make my lashes appear fuller or I go for a winged liner look. It really depends what I’m in the mood for that day. The next step is to curl my lashes and then apply my all time favorite mascara Benefit They’re Real. This stuff is amazing and since I tried it for the first time, I have never looked back. You can either get a natural look with this or you can build it up to look quite dramatic. I personally like to go heavy on the mascara! Then, for my bottom lashes, I use the Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara. When I first bought this I had every intention to use it on my upper lashes, but I disliked the brush and the way it made my lashes look. I much prefer the Benefit one. But guess what, it does wonders for my bottom lashes. I even like it better than my Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara!
On my wishlist right now is the gorgeous Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion and Luminous Flush (or just every single color):
…Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation:
…Dior Creme De Rose Lipbalm:
…and lastly Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow:
What’s on your makeup wishlist at them moment?
The second travel related post is here. It’s time to show you what’s in my bag when I travel. The bag I’m currently using is the Zara City Bag, if I recall the name correctly. It’s slightly different from the original one though.Let’s see what hides inside.
Left to right: passport, wallet to keep travel info and boarding pass: Glitter, glasses: Dolce & Gabbana, bus card, wallet: Mulberry Tree Zip Around Purse, lipstick: YSL Volupté Sheer Candy, iPhone, ear plugs: Moldex, ear pods: Apple, moisturizer: Weleda Skin Food, lip balm: Smith’s Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm, hair ties, lapis lazuli stone, book: The Kill Order by James Dashner, laptop case: Marc by Marc Jacobs
My MacBook is safely tucked away in this incredible laptop case by Marc by Marc Jacobs. The color of this is what made me realize that coral has replaced blue as my favorite color. I could look at this for hours, and sometimes, I do. When in the air I find that it’s the perfect time to read whatever book I’m currently obsessed with, but to do that I need ear plugs to keep all the noise out. These Moldex ones are the best I’ve tried thus far. Without my glasses, I’d never be able to tell which gate I’m supposed to be at, so they are a must. I’m bringing my lapis lazuli stone to keep in my pocket to
hopefully calm my nerves whilst flying alone for the first time. I bought it about a week ago and I’m eager to see if this alternative stuff actually works. My mom is a huge believer in alternative therapy, healing and all that.
What are you essentials when you’re flying?
February always goes by so quickly, and personally I am OK with that as it means we are one month closer to spring, summer and to my three week long trip to Spain! Today I wanted to share with you my favorite beauty products that I was using in February. So let’s hop right in!
1. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation – This one is no stranger in my makeup bag. No matter what, I pretty much always come back to this foundation. I would say it’s medium to high coverage which is perfect for me in the winter months as I struggle quite a lot with redness. It gives a slightly dewey finish, which is my personal favorite kind of finish. Overall, just a good everyday foundation.
- Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base – Truthfully, I only bought this 8 days before the month was over, but I’m still putting it in my favorites. This can be worn alone or as a base for your foundation, it will brighten up your complexion which is perfect for those of us with lacklustre skin in the winter. It could also be used on your cheekbones for a very (and I mean very) subtle highlight.
Lancôme Artliner – I have been using the MAC Fluidline Gel Eyeliner for some time now but seeing as I am not yet an expert at applying eyeliner I found it quite hard to get the line as smooth as I wanted it to be. So after seeing this in one of Tanya Burr’s videos, i went ahead and bought it. It’s easy to apply and it looks great and that’s all I really want!
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer with Sheer Finish Loose Powder – This is the first Bobbi Brown product I have introduced to my makeup collection but surely won’t be the last. I don’t really care for the loose powder, but the concealer is great! I use it for under my eyes and it covers up really nice. I’m excited to try more products from Bobbi Brown.
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in ‘On And On Bronze’ – An old favorite of mine that rediscovered this past month. I had forgotten how gorgeous this eyeshadow is! On days where I want color on my eyelids but am too lazy to whip out several eyeshadows and brushes, this is what I grab instead. I apply it with my fingers all over the lid and voilà — super easy and quick and looks awesome!
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – After having used my old H&M eyelash curler way past its glory days I decided it was time to upgrade. The choice was easy — the hyped up Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler was soon clicked home. I had my doubts about this, but even after my first time using it I knew it was worth all the hype. It doesn’t hurt my lid or my lashes, the curl holds all day long and looks great on my hard-to-curl lashes.
That is it for my February Favorites this time. Let me know if you will be trying any of these products out. Also, what products have you been loving this month?