Apologies for my absence, my life has been one big mess lately. Literally, you should see the state my room (and our entire house) is in right now. There’s alot of changes happening all at once and I am stressed out to the max. So much to do, so many boxes to pack and then unpack, so many hours to spend looking for a new place to live, so few months to do it! But I’m back now, and I’m here to tell you that this months Glossybox is rad. Yes, rad. Here’s why:
Inside the box:
- Naobay Protective Shampoo & Shower Gel – Combined shampoo and shower gel where 99% of the ingredients are natural and organic. My thoughts: not too excited over the fact that it’s a shower gel and shampoo in one but hey, don’t knock it ’til you try it, right? And it’s all natural which is always a plus!
- Garnier Miracle Skin Cream – Meant to instantly even your skintone and hydrate for 24 hours. Reduces wrinkles and fine lines and improves skin quality if used over a longer period of time. My thoughts: I saw one of my favorite bloggers rave about this and was so excited when I got it in this box! But I just tried it and I’m not feeling too optimistic about it. Basically, if you have fair skin – don’t bother. Like most products that “adjusts” to your skintone, it’s way too orange and too dark. It also feels too heavy on the skin without actually doing anything to improve the look of it. Not my cup of tea.
- Hot Makeup Loose Eyeshadow – Metallic eyeshadow with great pigmentation that gives a shimmering and lasting effect. My thoughts: oooh. Not a big fan of loose powder anything, really. It’s too messy for my slight OCD tendencies. But I swatched it on my hand and it’s a pretty color. I’m sure it’ll come in handy… Hopefully.
- Sumita Beauty Eye Shadow Pencil – The card describes it as an eyeliner, which it is clearly not so let’s not listen to the card anymore. My thoughts: the color is gorgeous and as always, I am intrigued by anything that comes in a crayon like packaging; lip crayons, eyeshadow crayons, concealer crayons, I’LL TAKE THEM ALL! It’s creamy and easy to blend, I can’t wait to try this out! Quite possibly my favorite product in this box.
- Emma S Cleansing Facial Wash – Bestseller, apparently. A moisturizing, foaming facial cleanser that keeps your skin fresh, clear and clean. My thoughts: I’ve been wanting to buy a slightly cheaper cleanser to use in the morning, because my Emma Hardie one is pretty expensive (especially with shipping and taxes. Oh dear, I don’t even want to think about it). Hope this one will tickle my fancy!
All in all I’m pretty happy with this box. In previous boxes there’s been a lot of small sized products, sample sizes that you can get for free in shops even! Therefore I was happy that these products, with the exception of one, were all full size. I am now going to go wash off this horrible Garnier product with my new cleanser, good bye.